2020 Family Tree Beer Club
Jan 24: Ruse Pre-Purchase, 12 bottles allotment.
Jan 31: Box 1, Contents:
- German Chocolate Coffee Cake Foolery, 13.2%ABV - 12 month aged Foolery in A. Smith Bowman's Bourbon barrels unified with all the elements of a slice of German Chocolate Cake and a hot cup of coffee.
- Cousin Cru, 12.7%ABV - A barrel blend of Basil Hayden barrel aged long boil Barleywine and Basil Hayden barrel aged Bourbon Cru.
- Great Uncle Cru, 12.1%ABV - Great Uncle Cru was the last batch of Bourbon Cru brewed at our Ownby location and has been aging in Four Roses bourbon barrels for 2 years.
- Family Tree 2020 Soft Sided Cooler
Feb 1: Early admittance to West Creek Open House 12-1 PM. Exclusive access to mezzanine and Family Tree only Bottle Sale.
Feb 28: Ruse Pre-Release Party at Ownby Lane + Foolery Pre-purchase, 12 bottle allotment opens.
Mar 15: Foolery pre-purchase closed
Mar 20: Premiere ONLY Reunion Ale pre-purchase opens.
April 6: Premiere ONLY Reunion Ale pre-purchase closed. Box 2 Registration + Reunion Party Info!
May 1: Box 2, Contents:
- Cinnamon Toast Trickery - 14month aged Trickery with vanilla bean and cinnamon.
- Cafe Coco - Foolery with specialty coffee and coconut.
- Banoffee Pie Barleywine - Barrel-aged Barleywine with all the flavors of Banana toffee pie!
+ Family Tree Reunion Party Registration opens!
Interested in joining the Family Tree for 2021?
Sign up for our Newsletter to stay up to date for when enrollment opens!
2019 Family Members Said...
"As the Family Tree has matured over the past three years, the ability to taste Hardywood experimental beers, beers from the Hardywood cellar, and the ability to pre-purchase and not wait in lines for the limited releases have been things that keep me in the Family Tree. Plus, Jill and the rest of the Family Tree crew have been and continue to be outstanding in communication. Very nice and professional.”
"Been a member since the beginning, and this year is the best so far!"
"Everything is exceptionally run, which is rare for a beer club. The communication is phenomenal, and any unforeseen hiccups are always handled perfectly. The awesome swag, beer, pre-purchase opportunities, and well-orchestrated parties are a hell of a nice feature too."
Family Tree FAQs
- Family Tree membership ID
- Four (4) quarterly boxes with three (3) exclusive Family Tree beers and one (1) Family Tree member gift. That’s twelve (12) beers bottled/canned exclusively for Family Tree members and four (4) special member gifts!
- 10% off draft beer
- 10% off packaged beer to go
- 10% off keg purchases
- 10% off merchandise
- 10% off growler fills
- FREE birthday pint
- Pre-purchase of RUSE, Foolery, Puffery, Hoax, Trickery
- Pre-purchase up to two 2019 GBS Complete Sets
- Pre-purchase of select 2020 GBS variants (TBD)
- Access to pre-release parties of our biggest releases that include first dibs on draft tastings, glassware, and apparel offerings! *events may have limited capacity
PLUS Premier Members will enjoy:
- 15% off rather than 10% off
- Pre-purchase of smaller batch releases
- One (1) customized Family Tree Reunion Beer created with members input on base beer, barrel, and adjuncts
- Two (2) tickets to Family Tree Reunion
Sunday, June 7 from 12-6pm at West Creek. Includes exclusive access to West Creek, food and beer tickets, live music, raffle prizes, and a killer draft list!
- Access to Premier Member-exclusive events *(on occasion separate purchase) event capacity may be limited and will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One bottle share (Date TBD)
- March/April Family Beer Dinner
- September/October Family Beer Dinner
Sign up for our Newsletter to stay up to date on when 2021 Family Tree enrollment is open!
Current members have first access to renew! We will open up any remaining spots to the general public after the current Family Members have had a chance to renew. Sign up for our Newsletter to stay up to date on when 2021 Family Tree enrollment is open!
Membership boxes and pre-purchased beers will be available at the member’s chosen permanent pickup location; West Creek or Richmond. *Once a pickup location is chosen, it cannot be altered throughout the Beer Club year.
Releases will be available throughout the year and members will be notified via a monthly Family Tree Newsletter and reminder emails as well as the respective Family Tree Facebook groups.
Jan/Feb : Box 1
Apr/May : Box 2
July/Aug : Box 3
Oct/Nov : Box 4
Yes, we will happily hold your Family Tree box and pre-purchased beers for up to six weeks after the release date. Extensions to deadlines will be made accordingly to provide overlap of box and beer releases to make pickups as efficient as possible. Pickup deadlines will be posted in monthly Family Tree newsletters and reminder emails as well as the official Facebook group page.
*Any beer not picked up by its associated deadline will be forfeited and released for sale. This includes any bottle that is initially included in the Family Tree boxes or purchased in addition to member included beer. Please make arrangements if you are unable to make it to the brewery by emailing [email protected], reaching out to fellow members through our Facebook group or by other means.
Yes! You can assign a proxy to pick up your box and/or pre-purchased beer from your designated pickup location. You will be prompted to provide a proxy at the time of your order!
*All proxies must be 21+ years of age. This person is acting on your behalf and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and fullness of your order pickup before they leave the brewery. The brewery is not liable for what happens to your beer once it is picked up.
You will be prompted to list a proxy during check out of each order. If at anytime you need to change your proxy for an order simply email [email protected] to request the change.
As we strive to provide the highest quality product and due to the nature of the craft, we occasionally have to change release dates and shift out beers. For this reason we do not lock in every beer that will be offered throughout the year. There will be a mix of barrel-aged ales, seasonal styles and unique and delicious beers we think our members will enjoy!
No. There will be no membership transfers. Memberships must be registered in the name of the intended beneficiaries. If you wish to buy a membership as a gift please purchase a gift membership and have the recipient complete their registration by December 28th, 2019.
Family Tree beers are packaged in bottles or can format exclusively for Family Tree members. We package Family Tree beers as closely to the number of memberships as possible to reduce excess. Family Tree exclusive beers may be kegged and on occasion served on draft at special events on and off premise and entered into competitions.
Any left over packaged Family Tree beers are moved to the cellar for purchase by current members. After the membership year has ended, Hardywood holds the right to open up sale of packaged Family Tree beer to the succeeding Family Tree members.
We do not allow the cancellation of membership and do not offer refunds.