2021 Family Tree Beer Club
2019 Family Members Said...
"As the Family Tree has matured over the past three years, the ability to taste Hardywood experimental beers, beers from the Hardywood cellar, and the ability to pre-purchase and not wait in lines for the limited releases have been things that keep me in the Family Tree. Plus, Jill and the rest of the Family Tree crew have been and continue to be outstanding in communication. Very nice and professional.”
"Been a member since the beginning, and this year is the best so far!"
"Everything is exceptionally run, which is rare for a beer club. The communication is phenomenal, and any unforeseen hiccups are always handled perfectly. The awesome swag, beer, pre-purchase opportunities, and well-orchestrated parties are a hell of a nice feature too."
Family Tree FAQs
- Family Tree membership ID
- Four (4) quarterly boxes with three (3) exclusive Family Tree beers and one (1) Family Tree member gift. That’s twelve (12) beers bottled/canned exclusively for Family Tree members and four (4) special member gifts!
- 10% off draft beer
- 10% off packaged beer to go
- 10% off keg purchases
- 10% off merchandise
- 10% off growler fills
- FREE birthday pint
- Pre-purchase of RUSE, Foolery, Puffery, Hoax, Trickery
- Pre-purchase up to two 2019 GBS Complete Sets
- Pre-purchase of select 2020 GBS variants (TBD)
- Access to pre-release parties of our biggest releases that include first dibs on draft tastings, glassware, and apparel offerings! *events may have limited capacity
PLUS Premier Members will enjoy:
- 15% off rather than 10% off
- Pre-purchase of smaller batch releases
- One (1) customized Family Tree Reunion Beer created with members input on base beer, barrel, and adjuncts
- Two (2) tickets to Family Tree Reunion
Sunday, June 7 from 12-6pm at West Creek. Includes exclusive access to West Creek, food and beer tickets, live music, raffle prizes, and a killer draft list!
- Access to Premier Member-exclusive events *(on occasion separate purchase) event capacity may be limited and will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One bottle share (Date TBD)
- March/April Family Beer Dinner
- September/October Family Beer Dinner
Family Tree 2021 Memberships are now closed.
We are happy to offer three different retrieval methods for our members for 2021. You can choose between:
- Local pick-up at our West Creek location only
- Local delivery within a 25 mile radius of Richmond, VA for a flat fee of $25 for the year, for up to 6 deliveries
- Shipping within VA and DC for a flat fee of $100 for the year, for up to 6 deliveries
*This cost of shipping and local delivery for Family Tree Boxes does NOT include the cost to ship or locally deliver GBS Complete Sets.*
Releases will be available throughout the year and members will be notified via a monthly Family Tree Newsletter and reminder emails as well as the respective Family Tree Facebook groups.
Jan/Feb : Box 1
Apr/May : Box 2
July/Aug : Box 3
Oct/Nov : Box 4
Yes, we will happily hold your Family Tree box and pre-purchased beers for up to six weeks after the release date. Extensions to deadlines will be made accordingly to provide overlap of box and beer releases to make pickups as efficient as possible. Pickup deadlines will be posted in monthly Family Tree newsletters and reminder emails as well as the official Facebook group page.
*Any beer not picked up by its associated deadline will be forfeited and released for sale. This includes any bottle that is initially included in the Family Tree boxes or purchased in addition to member included beer. Please make arrangements if you are unable to make it to the brewery by emailing [email protected], reaching out to fellow members through our Facebook group or by other means.
Yes! You can assign a proxy to pick up your box and/or pre-purchased beer from your designated pickup location. You will be prompted to provide a proxy at the time of your order!
*All proxies must be 21+ years of age. This person is acting on your behalf and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and fullness of your order pickup before they leave the brewery. The brewery is not liable for what happens to your beer once it is picked up.
You will be prompted to list a proxy during check out of each order. If at anytime you need to change your proxy for an order simply email [email protected] to request the change.
As we strive to provide the highest quality product and due to the nature of the craft, we occasionally have to change release dates and shift out beers. For this reason we do not lock in every beer that will be offered throughout the year. There will be a mix of barrel-aged ales, seasonal styles and unique and delicious beers we think our members will enjoy!
No. There will be no membership transfers. Memberships must be registered in the name of the intended beneficiaries. If you wish to buy a membership as a gift please purchase a gift membership and have the recipient complete their registration by December 28th, 2019.
Family Tree beers are packaged in bottles or can format exclusively for Family Tree members. We package Family Tree beers as closely to the number of memberships as possible to reduce excess. Family Tree exclusive beers may be kegged and on occasion served on draft at special events on and off premise and entered into competitions.
Any left over packaged Family Tree beers are moved to the cellar for purchase by current members. After the membership year has ended, Hardywood holds the right to open up sale of packaged Family Tree beer to the succeeding Family Tree members.
We do not allow the cancellation of membership and do not offer refunds.
No, we currently do not allow multiple discounts to be applied to a transaction unless otherwise specified.