Welcome to the heart of Richmond, Virginia!
We operate two adjacent buildings in Richmond's Historic German Brewing District. Our outdoor beer garden is open during posted hours every Tuesday through Sunday, with corn hole and bocce ball available. We offer an eclectic mix of live music and community events that are free to the public and open to all ages.
The following guidelines will be in place:
- We ask you maintain an appropriate 6 feet of distance from guests outside of your household/group. No gatherings/groupings of 10 or more people.
- Seating will be first come, first serve. We are still bound by capacity restrictions.
- Seating and tables have been strategically placed to maintain safe distancing. Please do not move them.
- No outside alcohol permitted on premise as stated per Virginia ABC law.
- Restrooms will be accessible from the doors beside the bocce courts. Doors leading to the restrooms will be propped open for convenience and the safety of our guests.
- Hardywood employees will wear a face mask for the protection of our guests during every transaction, and we ask that our customers return the courtesy. We also ask that visitors wear a face mask when inside the building.
- Team members will have their temperature checked before each shift, and are asked not to come to work if they are not feeling well. Employees will wear nitrile gloves, will frequently wash or sanitize their hands, and will stand behind a plexiglass shield to complete transactions.
- Recyclable plastic cups and only new growlers will be filled. Flights will not be available.
- Heightened sanitation practices will ensure frequent cleaning and sanitizing of tables, chairs, doors, and restroom facilities. Sanitizer spray bottles will also be available at hand sanitizer stations if customers would like to wipe down furniture.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available at all point of sale stations and on both sides of entry doors.
- Outdoor games, including swings, bocce, and cornhole, will not be permitted.
- No cash. All transactions can be handled in a contact-free manner. Apple Pay and Android Pay are available, as well as a self-inserting credit card slot. Hardywood team members can handle all other aspects of the transaction for you.
2408 Ownby Lane: Brewery & Warehouse Taproom
The core of our operation, this space serves as our brewery and production warehouse by day and public taproom during posted hours every Thursday-Sunday. Enjoy free live music on the Hardywood stage every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
2410 Ownby Lane: Tree Bar, Gallery Bar, & Barrel Room
This is a flexible space, serving as public taproom and as a wonderful private event space by request. Please see our Private Events tab to learn more about hosting your upcoming event at Hardywood!